Chat App

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by shortymet55, Aug 11, 2009.

1. shortymet55

shortymet55 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a question on whether an app like this exists or not. I have a little cousin that has an ipod touch. I have one as well. Is there an app that lets us send messages to each other? Now, I dont mean AIM or Text messaging. Hes not old enough for his parents to want him to have an AIM account nor does he have a cell phone. AIM also wouldnt work, since I want it to be more like text messaging, where we are not logged on to anything, but receive a push message, when a message is received. Ive loaded up such apps as Textfree on my ipod, but I dont think an app like this will work, because it does not have a number to text to. Its receives messages since it is linked to my cell phone, so if someone texts my number via textfree it goes to my textfree not my phone. But, then I wont be able to message him, since he doesnt have a number to dial. Is there an app that gives him a number or some type of contact info, so we can chat back and forth when I am away at college? I hope there is an app like a textfree, but one that gives a number rather than linking it to a real phone number. Sort of like AIM and Texting mixed. Does an app like this exist? Thanks
  2. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You have your own textfree address, so you can send messages to each other, i believe
  3. GoreMang

GoreMang New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  4. shortymet55

shortymet55 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Very cool.

But what is the username? Is this just the name I put as me? Like Mine is Jeffrey. I cant imagine that being a unique username.

Thanks
  5. mohitd2000

mohitd2000 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That username is probably already taken, so just pick a different username. To text each other, create a new text, type in his username and then you can text him (I think).
  6. shortymet55

shortymet55 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I figured out one issue. I have textplus not textfree. Does Text plus give you a unique number or address too?
  7. mohitd2000

mohitd2000 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No, I think it gives you a random number? I don't know because they updated it.
  8. shortymet55

shortymet55 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Change of plans. His mom doesn't want him to have anything that is able to send a message to a cell phone.

Is there a purely ipod-ipod messaging program?

Thanks
  9. neverover

neverover Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    email? duh?