Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pballa2099, Sep 23, 2007.
whats the best way to charge my new battery??? drain it fully and then charge.. or what?
thats what i do with most all my battery powered electronics...cellphones, mp3, etc....i dont have my iPoT yet...but ill probably do the drain like always, unless someone convinces me otherwise
well since its a LiOn, or whatever lithium ion battery you get a set number of charging cycles... 1 charge cycle equals a full charge from empty to full, so you charge halfway, thats half a cycle. These batteries dont have any "memory effect" which is what used to happen if you charged a battery midway through, you would lose some capacity.
I dont think it really matters, but good practice is to try and let it drain as much as possible
alright i'll do the drain then charge.. this is my second touch. first was exchanged with the screen problems.. im not opening this one until my invisivle shield shows up
plug it into itunes configure it, fill it up. Then unplug it use it to the battery is empty, and charge it full again.
It really dosn¨t matter to mutch whit these new batteries. It´s the older batteries you should concern more about...
Heres some information: http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipods.html
Just let it charge as often as you connect to your computer, do it as often and as long as you like, this type of battery does not need to be drained right down as older batteries did.
Of course no matter what you do, over time it will get less life and you may have to replace it some time in the future.
Very good! nice to see that someone here has some insight on these batteries
as he said, Li-On and Li-Poly batteries are not prone to the "memory" problem that occurs in the older Ni-Cd batteries of the past. these batteries dont depend on regular cycling to work properly, although they do need to be calibrated some times or they will ge an inaccurate charge readout. simply completely deplete the battery at least once every 45 days or so, and allow it to charge completely un-interupted.. this is true for modern cell phones and laptops too.
yah this is very true on my old dell laptop i didnt do this and always had it plugged in and it juiced out pretty fast after, but on my new hp laptop, i discharge it every once in a while and it works beautiful.
Ohh batteries, one question. It's possible to charge the Touch by the original Apple (ähh) USB Power Adapter?
P.S.: If I made (grammer,...) mistakes, please say it, I want to learn something.
Yea, it works fine.
Separate names with a comma.