Charging Problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ovetrick, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Ovetrick

Ovetrick New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey

Please Register or Log in to view images

I only got an iPod touch today, it is an 8GB 3G model. Anyway, my problem is that I don't think it charges. I plug it into iTunes via USB, and the little battery symbol in the top left rapidly flashes from plug to lightning, and it doesn't stop. I leave it plugged in and it still stays on a red bar.

I jailbreaked it to see if that did anything, and it didn't, it still does the same. I really want to give it a good charge before playing around with it, so can anyone help me?
  2. Uchiha1911

Uchiha1911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    This indeed seems like a charging problem, no idea what might be going on. Are you sure it's plugged in correctly? If so, you'll have to go to an Apple Store and see what they say about it, or wait for someone with a little more experience here respond to your thread

3. Ovetrick

Ovetrick New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yep, definitely plugged in correctly. It recognises the charger, I think, as the litte symbol goes from the battery, to flashing between two different symbols. It just won't charge at all, and if it does, it is like an inch every 5 hours or so. I have tried charging it on different laptops, with different cables, even my xbox, with no luck

4. Uchiha1911

Uchiha1911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Then I think it's a good idea to take it back to an Apple Store, they might be able to inform you. Probably not though, they'll just go: WTFBBQ let's send it to the repair center.

PS: If possible, just get a replacement. Sending it to Apple's repair center is a f*cking pain.