Charging Problems (ipod touch 2G)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Canadakong, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Canadakong

Canadakong New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I used my ipod until it ran out of power, then when i tried to turn it on after recharging it with a switching power supply device (outlet power to usb connection) it had a picture of a usb wire pointing towards the itunes logo, telling me to connect my ipod to itunes.

but when i plugged my ipod in to my mac (itunes) itunes popped up saying it cannot connect to -----'s ipod because of the passcode and i must unlock my ipod before i connect it to itunes.

-Itunes could not connect to the iPod "iPod touch" because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPod before it can be used with iTunes.

And like a said before i cannot get in my ipod because if i press the wake/sleep button or the home button it just comes up with that picture of the itunes logo and a usb wire

Help?

Ps i tried to restart my ipod and iv redownloaded itunes.
    (mac os x, Ipod touch 2G 8G)
  2. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    put the ipod into DFU mode, itunes will recognize it, and it charges, then if u press home and power for 10 seconds, and then just power(hard reset) ur ipod should boot up fine, and then u can put in ur password and use it again
  3. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    pwnthe2G is right about the DFU Mode, but to get out of it without restoring, you might need help by using QuickPWN 2.2

I dont want to hear it about QuickPWN 2.2 was made to jailbreak 2.2.. yah yah... i know.. but QuickPWN can detect if its in Restore Mode and DFU Mode, and get you out. Plus its much safer than pwnthe2G's way.

Once you get it in DFU mode, follow this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU6R82lLqXU&feature=channel