Charging Not Supported

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FreeiPod, Jun 5, 2009.

1. FreeiPod

FreeiPod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have an ipod touch 2g and with my girlfriends older itravel it does not support charging and I just bought a new car which has an ipod cable built in and this also does not support charging.

Has anyone figured out a way to get these older devices to charge the new ipods? I am going to compare the two plugs, see if anything is different and possibly cut them and try to wire the new plug end to the older wire connection if it looks like it might fix the problem.
  2. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yeah a lot of the old ipod chargers and docks aren't compatible with the 2g. its a hardware thing withe the 2G, not the dock.. so.. my suggestion, get a monster cable... power outlet to USB Female converter... and charge it with an usb ipod cable.. so like.. the monster thing plugs into the wall, and then the usb cable plugs into that. and then u can charge it. then if u wanna play the ipod through speakers just get a cable 2 connect from the headphone jack of the ipod to the line in.... (i think) of the speakers.
  3. FreeiPod

FreeiPod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I actually have a LG Dare phone, it has a USB charger but has an attachment to plug into the wall, I looked up specs and then tested it and it works to charge the iPod. I guess I can buy a plug adapter so I can plug that in inside the car, it only has the cigarette lighter type plugs for power. Thanks for the info.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I found the answer, I searched other forums and found links to the Scosche Passport, it is by far the best fix. http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS696LL/A?mco=NDY4NDg1OQ
  4. finalcoyote

finalcoyote New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Still irritating, especially to those who bought a iPod wall charger for their old iPods, and now find that the 2g's aren't compatible