charger question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SiN Altr Ego EL, Sep 24, 2008.

1. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    ok, so for the jailbreak for the 2g touch, do u think that it'll b possible to make a patch to let u charger ur 2g touch with all of the 1g docks and stuff like that? cause i got a JBL dock and it is nice, but it told me i can't charge it.

so do u think there will b a patch for that, or is that strictly a hardware issue?

NOTE: (THANKS IN ADVANCE TO CHRONIC DEV FOR THE 2G IPOD TOUCH HACK!)
  2. MutherFOO

MutherFOO New Member

yeah, I think there is software on the iPod that tells the device what type of charger it is pluged into. There must be a reason for Apple to block some of the first gen chargers. So if you find a way to over ride that line of code there is a great chance that the dock could do harm to you iPod.

My answer is based of an educated guess, so I coulds be wrong.
  3. cainy

cainy New Member

Nope it wont happen, apple removed firewire charging from the touch its not firmware thats stopping it its the hardware, so anything that uses the extra pins to charge your ipod wont work
  4. ipodtouch4me

ipodtouch4me New Member

5. MutherFOO

MutherFOO New Member

I was thinking that it was hardware related.

Do u have any idea what the extra pins that were used for FireWire in the first gen are used for now in the second gen?
  6. cainy

cainy New Member

im not to sure, im just going on what ive read in other places, but from what ive read it seems that they have removed them all together, must have been some sort of cost cutting measure on apples part, i couldnt live without firewire charging, i still use the charger i got with my ipod mini 3 years ago lol