Charger is pissing? & 113 question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by raEEv3, Dec 30, 2007.

1. raEEv3

raEEv3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Is it me... or does apple lie about their stupid battery life? I own a ipod touch 16gig, and a ipod nano 2gen 8gig... FRIKEN. NANO only last about half a day.. so does my touch, and the touch manuel says it last for 22hrs songs playing non -stop or w/e.. ITS PISSING ME OFF.. IT BARELY LAST 22HRS.. more like... 8 hours.. or 9 .. D: It really irritates me. I did a little experiment over the night last week with my ipod when I went to bed.. It was fully 100% charged before I went to bed I let it play music in (SLEEP) mode.. while I slept and it died when I woke up and I slept for 9hours.. man sleep mode is soppose to prevent battery from draining so much right.. what a lie apple.. what a lie is it just my ipod or their really just liars?

Also... I have a quesiton about 1.1.3 firmware.. I have jailbroken mine with apps and all.. backgrounds, themes all customized i'm wondering will this 113 update effect my ipod touch from working? I'm not to sure about jailbreaking 100% I mean I just jailbroken like 2days ago.. I don't know the information behind it so don't flame me for being a retard... I know I should search this well.. I want this to be posted for me D: so yeah sorry.. So will this effect me? Will it still work? WIll it only effect me if I update the 113?

THANKYOU!
  2. BigMak

BigMak New Member

I don't know wether or not it's your iTouch or not, but I don't think so. Mine dries out the battery real fast too. They say it can last 5 hours of video, but from my experience, 2 hours of video on a fully charged iTouch drains the battery to 50%.

As for the new 1.1.3 firmware, DO NOT update when it gets out. It will absolutely screw up all of your 3rd party apps and totally crush your jailbreak. Wait for the ├╝ber iTouch geeks to create a way to jalibreak 1.1.3

~iMak
  3. raEEv3

raEEv3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Thanks mak

Please Register or Log in to view images

happy to hear its not only me but the other day I was watching a movie on my ipod I was half way done.. maybe 50minutes of watching and it already drained 40% -_- as for 113 how do I avoid it from updating? I know theres a check for update button on itunes, but my real question is like.. does it automatically update itself and I have to be there to stop it? Or.... It will ask and I can click to decline forever?
  4. BigMak

BigMak New Member

When the update is launched, iTunes will automatically search for new updates, if enabled. If it find any new software, it will pop up a box saying: There is new software for your iPod. There will be 2 buttons, install and Don't install, also there will be a check box saying Never ask again. Check the box, and click Don't Install. It's wont automatically update and you won't receive any more messages about updating

Please Register or Log in to view images

~iMak