Chapter Selection

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Ari., Feb 3, 2008.

1. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I have new firmware 1.1.3, I have 7 full movies on there, but none have the chapter selection that SJ said they added. How would i get chapter selection option to appear?

Thanks.
  2. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i think its only for movies bought or rented from the itunes store, or maybe theres some option in itunes where u can set it into ure movie but i dont think so....because if u just download the vid from a place like limewire it wont have chapter select. its supposed to be a button on the left of the backwards button when playing vids.
  3. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Chapters are only there if they have been added into the video files. So if you've downloaded ripped episodes of whatever (or films) from ******* sites, they won't have chapters in them. However, if you buy DVDs and rip them to your computer using a good quality program like Handbrake, the chapters will already be there. You don't even need to be on 1.1.3 for this to work. And if you rent movies, or buy movies/TV shows from iTunes, they will have chapters as well, but only on 1.1.3 .
  4. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    they arnt ripped version, I have purchased the DVD and put into itunes then converted.

I tried another DVD and it appears for that one, and i can't see any other settings for it to show :`/

Yes i used handbrake to do it, and its onyl showing for one movie.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Whosthatrandom

Well, in Handbrake, there is an option to enable or disable the adding of chapter markers during the ripping process. Perhaps the box was ticked for that movie, but not the others.

However, using a video editing program, I imagine you could add the chapter markers in manually. Search for an open source one.
  6. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    nah its on ;(
  7. Whosthatrandom

Very welcome. Thanks for being a polite person who's a pleasure to help.