Changing Time

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by andrew!, Dec 10, 2008.

1. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I recently sent my iPod touch 2G back to apple because of a strange occurrence; whenever i plugged my iPod into my computer and unplugged it, the time would change on me. I would then proceed to change the date only to have it change back 2 months and the time go back like 8 hours.
    Apple just email me and informed me that there was no such symptom that their technicians could find. They sent my iPod back and i should get it by this Friday 12. (Hopefully)

Has anyone else had this problem or something of the sort?
    If so please enlighten me on my options, and yes, I've scanned my computer for viruses: nothing. (McAfee scan)
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You need to play with your time zone settings and time zone support on the device and computer.
  3. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    :facepalm:
    i forgot to mention that i set my iPod to the correct time, time zone, and date.
    I set this in the settings and still, it manages to change the time zone on the ipod, the time, and the date.
    The time on my computer is correct so i dont think it is that.
  4. crazyken517

crazyken517 New Member

same thing

i get the same thing.. i haven't sent it in at all.. mostly cause i'm a HIGHLY remote area, so shipping take 4 weeks to get anyway around here.. on express, and i don't trust mail with my 32 gig, and there is no apple place around here.. but i'm rambling..

whenever i sync my ipod i have to reset the time and date.. i have to correct time zone, correct time, correct date on my computer, i set my itunes preference to some thing like "disable auto sync", because of this, and this alone, i sync bout once a month..

oh yeah.. i have ipod touch version 2.2, model MB376LL.. idk if that means anything to it..
  5. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    huh thats weird...
    i have a different model than you but its still odd.