Changing the menu wallpaper

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by basketballler77, Apr 19, 2008.

1. basketballler77

basketballler77 New Member

Changing the menu wallpaper?

I have 2.0 on my ipod currently. I have found that many of the services that Customize/Summerboard provided could be obtained without jailbreaking your ipod (Changing icons, changing dock) so I was wondering if there is any way to change the menu background. I already know how to edit files on it, I'd just like to know, for example, if there is just a .png I have to change (that's all it takes for the two others). So if anybody knows how either of those programs work their magic, any help would be appreciated.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. applepod0123

applepod0123 Banned

How do i change the said options?
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Well if you are on 2.0 your ipod is jailbroken, You could go into Coreservices and change them manually but thats kind of a waste right now. A lot of work for a beta software that will be updated a couple more times before the actual release date in June. Not really sure why you would even use 2.0 right now unless you had a big need for Push Email.
  4. basketballler77

basketballler77 New Member

I just find it kind of fun to have 2.0 on my ipod. Not sure why. I guess I've always like testing beta items. But the dock is located in System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/SBDockBG.png and the icons are inside the individual apps and called icon.png.