Changing the lock sounds on ipod touch.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iluvapple82, May 19, 2009.

1. iluvapple82

iluvapple82 New Member

Hello. I have a jailbroken ipod touch 1st gen. I know the 1st gen touch doesn't have speakers so I bought an external one.
    I have downloaded several sound themes from Cydia and I can hear all the mail and sms sounds through my speaker but I can't hear the lock sounds.
    I have also created my own sounds via ssh and winscp and I can't hear those at all. I have heard about replacing the lock sounds with the ones from cydia in order to hear it.
    Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.
  2. caffine

caffine New Member

Make sure that you have the lock sound enabled in settings>general>sounds. If that doesn't work, install Mivtones from cydia. This will enable you to change sounds and I think you can use custom sounds. there are also winterboard compatible themes that change the sounds that can be easily located in cydia.
    Be careful of using SCP to change files like sounds and ESPECIALLY FONTS! If you want to change something like that, make a copy of the origional. I neglected to do this once, and had to wipe and reinstall everything because i induced the spinning wheel of death (SWOD).......
  3. iluvapple82

iluvapple82 New Member

I have downloaded several lock themes from cydia and I can always hear the mail, sms sounds, but I can never hear the lock sounds.
    will mivtones allow me to change the lock sound?
  4. pa3ck

pa3ck Guest

change lock sound ipod touch 1g

change the filename of lock.caf on the uisounds to sq_lock.caf..

it will work.. but the lock and unlock sound will be the same..

hoped i help..