changing system sound sets

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Lyz, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Lyz

Lyz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm on a jailbroken 32 gb 2.0 iPod touch, and when I go onto customize, I see that there are some downloadable sound sets. so I think that that would be cool so I download it, and when I do, I apply it and evrything, so I apply a Unlock Sound, and it will respring, and when it does, nothing happens. It's the same old clicking noise. I have tried this with different sounds, and the same diasapointing result. Help?
  2. Flagpole

Flagpole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i think that only works on the iphone.
  3. Fehr

Fehr New Member

Meh, it doesn't give me the expected results either. Wouldn't count on it for now. Customize still crashes every other download.. so you really can't rely on everything else functioning correctly.
  4. Lyz

Lyz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yea customize isn't the best run app yet, but on old firmwares It would give me the option, yet it wouldn't work. Plus I've seen some devlopers have sound sets working on iPod touchs. Is there a developer out there hoo knows if I'm doing somethig rong, missing a step, or if it's not possible right now?
  5. strachan1

strachan1 New Member

Its not possible because the ipod touch doesnot have a speaker
  6. renaud85

renaud85 New Member

if ther no speaker how thw alarm can work
  7. Lyz

Lyz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    what if you put the sound effects setting to both, would I be able to here it through the headfones?
  8. ipodtouchfan101

ipodtouchfan101 Member

The ipod touch only has a simple speaker that can only make basic noises
  9. Lyz

Lyz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I know It can only make simple tones, but is it able to produce the sounds through the headfones?
  10. Fehr

Fehr New Member

That might be the case... I hadn't actually considered the iPoT's limited sound capabilities..
    I've tested out MULTIPLE sound files, and none have actually worked. In fact, my Customize won't even run correctly. Opens, then crashes. I'll fix it later....

But anyway, I really don't think sound files work yet (at least not on the iPod Touch). Get back to me on this if sound files (like instead of an alarm beeping, make it a sound where Peter of the oh-so-awesome Family Guy (dude, who doesn't know this guy?) says "Holy Crap!" or something like that) work on the iPhone.

Toodles, Fehr.