Changing Fonts Thru SSH Help.

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Kayzo, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Kayzo

Kayzo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    So I found out that you could change fonts with SSH by replacing Helvetica.ttf from System/Library/Fonts/Cache, so I gave it a try. I downloaded a Calibri.ttf and renamed it Helevetica.ttf and replaced the one in my above mention directory. I rebooted my iPod, and alas, nothing happened. Anyone know what, if anything, I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Gman17

Gman17 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You should use the Calibri from fontswap instead. install it from cydia then SSH
    /var/mobile/Library/FontSwap/Packages.

Get the calibri font from there and transfer them to System/Library/Fonts/Cache
  3. Kayzo

Kayzo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I will try that once I restore and re-jailbreak thanks to the spinning wheel of death.
  4. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Fonts have to be ported to the iPhone, they aren't in the same format. I will happily (there is a thread on this that got burried) port any font you want.

Fontswap isn't (as far as I've heard) working for 3.0 yet and will make you very very sad face if you try and use it, but getting the font from it is different.

Helvetica.ttf will only change normal non-bolded font, and won't change the lockscreen clock or the notes font. Just fyi.