Changing country in iTunes account problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AlexAms, Sep 3, 2009.

1. AlexAms

AlexAms New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello, I have a strange problem. I used to have an old iTunes account when living in the US with $0.21 store credit still in it. My old iPod and PC crashed long time ago. I have now moved to the Netherlands and I got a new iTouch and linked it to my old iTunes account. Everything is working fine. I now want to change the country setting on my iTunes from US to Netherlands, including a new Dutch credit card. When I go to Apple Account > Change Country, I get a message that I cannot do that until I use up my $0.21.

How can I use $0.21 only? My old credit card info is listed in iTunes with the country (US) hard coded, so I cannot just change the credit card either. Any ideas?
  2. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Why not just make a new account?
  3. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Right, make a new e-mail account, and then link your new iTunes account that youre going to make with your new e-mail accounts.

Then, you can change your country and then add your Dutch CC information.
  4. Kathleen-Louise

Kathleen-Louise New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi. I have the same problem. I live in Canada, and I received a giftcard from the US. I changed my country of origin to the States, and now I'm left with 7cents on the giftcard and I can't change my country back. I can't use a credit card or paypal, because it's not American info. I'm stuck. and if i create a new account, then i can put my new downloads onto my ipod...right?