change tracks using volume rocker(sth like SBSetting Volume MC)

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by ages_devil, Jul 15, 2010.

1. ages_devil

ages_devil New Member

hello,

I'm about to buy an itouch 3g, after using my cowon d2 device for almost 2 years the only thing I'm afraid of is that there's no dedicated buttons to change the current playing tracks on the itouch.
    my D2 can do this :
    locked : use next/back buttons and play/pause button
    unlocked : use the 2 buttons as volume up and down
    and i can change it the way i want(make it change tracks while unlocked...etc)
    i found out about the volume mc app, but the problem with it is that there's no easy to play/pause, and if it's running u can only change tracks while the device is locked and can't change the volume.
    i want to know is there any thing to do this job? sometimes it's hard to pick up the player from my pocket and change tracks so having some sort of app or anything to do this would be amazing, and please note that i have a great headphone so i can't get one of these that have remote control in them.

sorry for bad english

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if you jailbreak your ipod, theres an app that makes the volume buttons as the forward-back buttons and the sleep button as pause.
  3. lauNchD

lauNchD Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic provide an external volume rocker and a button that allows you to play/pause, skip, etc. The remote works locked and unlocked.
  4. ages_devil

ages_devil New Member

i found a remote that i can hook up my headphones to it, but i don't prefer this idea, and i don't like using any headphones, mine aer just the right one for me
    i searched a lot until i found an app called glovepod which can do this exactly, i hope there's a way to let me choose when the buttons are for volume and when they are for track change, but i can live with this it's better than nothing

5. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Volume button extender is exactly what you're looking for, if you hold down one of the rockers, it skips to the next song. Holding both down will pause it, etc.
  6. ages_devil

ages_devil New Member

thanks very much, it seems to do what i want, with this, i think i can get the itouch asap.

7. lauNchD

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Before you do, I suggest you take a few things into consideration:

1. A new iPod touch will be released in September, so you should probably wait if this isn't completely urgent. It will be faster, have a better screen, and maybe even a front camera like the iPhone 4.

2. You currently can't jailbreak the iPod touch 3G on iOS 4. For 3.1.3, you can use
    Spirit.

3. If you buy one now, it will probably have iOS 4 preinstalled; you cannot downgrade.
  8. ages_devil

ages_devil New Member

i know
    but if i waited i'd get the cowon J3 instead because i'll sell my cowon D2 within a week.
    i don't care about the camera(it's a pmp not a camera)
    although having higher resolution screen and A4 cpu would be great but it'll be expensive like hell i'm sure(at least for my budget) and by that time the cowon will be cheaper and the itouch 3g also will get price cut.
    so even if i waited i won't get the new itouch.
    the point is will Apple drop its support for the older players? as far as i know the itouch 3g can run iOS 4 and a HB will come sooner or later, but it be like, the last version for example the player can support is 4.3 and after that it's a dead end?
    plus the one i'm about to buy is a used one, it's like new used for couple of weeks but it's cheaper than a new one.
  9. lauNchD

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It seems as though Apple will abandon devices after ~3 years, so they'll get 2 major version updates. Apple will probably phase out 2G iPod touches next year when iOS 5 is released (= they won't get it).
    If you get an actual 3G iPod touch with 32/64 GB now, I'm pretty sure you'll still be able to update to 5.
  10. ages_devil

ages_devil New Member

that's exactly is my point, it's sth like computer hardware, i can't afford getting the high end gfx card so i'll get the last gen. high end card which will be more than enough for my use although i'll miss some feature but they won't be critical ones to me.
    like the current 2g can get the iOS 4 with some features disabled or not working, the same will happen to the 3g with iOS 5 i guess.