iOS 4.0 Change the song with Volume buttons!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Bl1tzkrieg, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No body likes to take out there iPod to change the music (Especially people like me who wear tighter clothes) And when it's raining and/or snowing, you don't want to get your iPod wet right?

Well here is a list of ways to fix this kind of thing

Volume media settings (VolumeMC)
    Fully functional with iOS 4

When the iPod is active, this universally changes the volume buttons to next and previous buttons, anywhere, locked and unlocked. Pressing down, then up will pause/play the track. The side buttons only change the volume when the iPod is inactive or paused. It also has an SBSetting plugin to disable this.

GlovePod
    WORKS with iOS 4

This one gives you a few choices for control. You can customize The settings at each of these places:
    The lockscreen with the screen ON
    The lockscreen with the screen OFF
    Whenever the iPod popup is present (anywhere including the lockscreen)

At each of these places, you have the options (via settings app) to set wether the volume buttons control volume or control tracks. You also get the helpful option to have a short hold of the power button pause/play the track.

VolumeButtonExtender
    Does NOT YET WORK with iOS 4

This makes it so everywhere, anytime, with the screen on or off, a tap of the volume buttons change the volume, and a short hold of the volume buttons change the track. Pressing both buttons at the same time will pause/play the track. When a track is changed or paused, it shows a cool little HUD that you can change through SSH.

VolumeButtonExtender would be the best one to me, and is probably the one used by many, but a small glitch has been keeping me away. With this MS extension on, regardless if the iPod app is on or not, changing the volume will ALWAYS change the volume of the music player, and NEVER the ringer volume. The only way to adjust the loudness of your ringer is through Settings App.

Besides that one small flaw, this is definitely the most practical way to change tracks on the go.

Hope i helped out a few people

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Psoul

Psoul Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well, you still have to take out your ipod but you just don't need to look at the screen.
  3. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

No you don't. You just stuck your hand in your pocket and press the button. Although changing volume is a bit of a hassle.
  4. tanktan38

tanktan38 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Couldn't you just use Activator to do this?
  5. raahim

raahim New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    but if ur wearing a tight clothes wont the pocket be to tight to stick ur hand in?
  6. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Then you have two solutions, buy pants that fit you or take it out and press the button
  7. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Be smart about this, you can press the buttons through your pants. Hell I can press them through my baggy shorts.
  8. nevernamed

nevernamed New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    what about the remote volume button on the headset. would that be able to change tracks?
  9. kyle1320

kyle1320 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    or you can use activator
  10. ShadowsTouch

ShadowsTouch New Member

or if you have the headphones with the volume controls you can just double tap the center button.