Change the "click" sound to iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aaquib, Jun 22, 2008.

1. aaquib

aaquib Banned

I used an iPhone today and liked its click when typing so much more than the iPod Touch's. Is there anyway to change it?
  2. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well, no and yes

No: using the internal Piezo speaker, that creates the clicks. its not good enough

Yes: you can change the audio files( theres a guide somewhere) and make it sound like it using headphones/speakers.
  3. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

You can turn the click off completely or you can add a different caf file to change the noise. I have tried a Star Trek type beep and an old fashioned type writer but to be honest on the iPhone if you have the volume up to max which you will so you hear your ringtone or text alerts then the noise when you type really pisses off anyone around you unless you turn it off. I have the bruises to support this.
  4. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ouch! I have my iPod's on because I love the clicky noise when u slide to unlock and I hate it off as there's no feedback
  5. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

The iPod Touch click is at one low sound level from the little clicker in it, and so it is not very annoying to people around you when you are typing alot of text. I agree not having the sound when you type makes it a little harder to type because you lack that register for every key press (especially if you are not looking at the keypad).

The iPhone uses the speaker, so the sound is as loud as the speaker, I guess I really need to find a caf file that is softened so it is quietier, or use a program to reduce the sound level on the existing caf.

I quite liked this one, but when typing long texts it still wound people up!

Ah, just reread the original post you want the iPhone click on the iPod Touch. Only with a speaker or headphones attached I think otherwise you are stuck with that little clicker.

Attached Files:

6. aaquib

aaquib Banned

Where do you put them on? I tried using that one to replace "tock.caf", but didn't notice any change on my Touch. Any idea on what to do now?