Change the audio output method of the iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jomann, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Jomann

Jomann New Member

Ok, so lets just say that I have one of these mini mics here:
    http://usih.merchantrunglobal.com/ImageHosting/ViewImage.aspx?GlobalID=1003&MerchantID=2767&ImageID=262&DisplaySize=-1
    Now If you plug this into the iPod touch, you have the ability to record.
    However You must unplug it to listen to your recording

Is there a way to force the external speaker to output sound even though something is plugged into the headphone jack?

Incase you need a good reason:
    I want to use this and skype together with backgrounder and insomnia to turn my iPod into a phone.

also I don't like wearing headphones. (takes too long to put em on when you get a call, also if you happen not to be wearing them you miss your call sometimes)
  2. treminaor

treminaor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I bought a Y-Splitter to use expensive heaphones and a plug-in mic at the same time, but this isn't the solution you are looking for. No, there is no way to force speaker output. Someone would have to code a modification to do so, and no one has. I wold assume this is because it isn't possible.
  3. Sickfee49

Sickfee49 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ive had my speakers going when my headphones are plugged in but it was a glitch and only happens like 1 time a month
  4. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yes it is possible, but only for programs that support it, you can have headphones plugged in and output audio through the dock port. You can not however output audio through the built in speaker with headphones plugged in.

Again you would have to code an app specific for your needs.