Change root Partition Size / Tap to Unlock / Custom Logos

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by John7435, Aug 26, 2008.

1. John7435

John7435 Member

Hey iPodtouchfans members..In need of some help here.

Just Jailbroke my ipod to 2.0 firmware. Installed a ton of apps, and I'm pretty happy with it. my only serious problem is the root partition size.

I jailbroke with winpwn, but whenever i tried to use custom boot logos it failed to create the IPSW file. so all i could do was just add cydia, installer, and the youtube fix. I didn't think the root partition would matter.

now, when i try to play Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart, it says there is not enough room to save me game, so it's pointless to play.

can i change the size without restoring? I will if i have to but id rather not lose all my apps.

also, can i change the boot and restore logo without WinPwn? in 1.1.4 when i plugged my touch in i could do it without making a new firmware but it won't let me do that with 2.0 apparently.

also, how can i make tap to unlock work? i tried following video guides but whenever i try to apply the theme in customize it says "encountered an error copying the files"

I've tried doing it in winterboard, and also tried using custom wifi bars, batteries, ect. there and it doesnt do anything at all

please, let me know what i can do.

PS: if i have to restore, can i go straight from jailbroken 2.0 to jailbroken 2.0.1?
  2. smirkis

smirkis New Member

try boss tool? it'll move fonts/apps and make a buttload of room on ur root partition
  3. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    um well i had the same problem wat i did was delete CBNK and get the ipa file and do it that way...... it fixed my problem (but i did this rite after i custom restored it and i didn't add any music in the ipod so i know theres still space so games could save) oh and cydia should have already moved ur Apps Folder and ur Ringtones Folder so u don't actually need Bosstool CYDIA SHUD HAVE DONE IT 4 U
  4. zman93

zman93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    What you need to do to fix the space error is creat a "Documents" folder with capital D. Not sure exatly where yo put it but probably private/var/mobile and /applications

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. John7435

John7435 Member

I'll try boss tool
    I did the Document and Documents folder before and it didnt do anything.

"um well i had the same problem wat i did was delete CBNK and get the ipa file and do it that way......"

i dont know what you mean by that...explain more

..cracked app for CBNK.. sorry
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    so im using boss tool now
    im relocating the fonts, and the ringtones and apps are already moved.

but it says this:

Disk Space: 69M of 500M on /
    8.5G og 15.G on /private/var

i made it go up to 180 of 500..i'll try and then reply

Edit: still says Disk Full: Continue without saving?

any other way?