Change position Lock Clock&/or Date

Discussion in 'Customization Requests' started by jorrecobbaert, Oct 16, 2009.

1. jorrecobbaert

jorrecobbaert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi guys, I am working on the polaroid theme (credit to lauzers and everybody else who continiues to improve this theme).
    I allready changed the font of my Lock Clock and date on the Lockscreen in Christopherhand;

Now i would like to move the Clock and/or Date more to the middle and left (if possible) so they blend with my LockBackground. I photoshopped an attached screenshot of how i would like it to be.
    I've tried changing the size of the Statusbar, UILCDBackground and Lockicon.png's but no result.
    Maybe an info.plist ( like you do for the font-color) or modding a .plist in the system

Please Register or Log in to view images

?
    I looked around on different forums, tuts and google but can't seem to find a somution to this?!

Can somebody help me how this is done (again,if possible?) Many Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i would love to know how to do this
  3. jorrecobbaert

jorrecobbaert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok think i found the answer for changing the the position of the calender day and date. you have to edit the info.plist:

<key>CalendarIconDateStyle</key>
    <string>font-family: Arial; font-size: 34px; color: #FFFFFF; padding: 0 2px 0 0;</string>

<key>CalendarIconDayStyle</key>
    <string>font-family: Arial; font-size: 8px; color: #CCCCCC; padding-top: 7px;</string>

and

<key>CalendarIconDayStyle</key>
    <string> color: #FFFF66; text-shadow: transparent 0px 0px 0px; font-size: 9px; font-weight: bold; font-family: Courier New; margin-top: 2px; margin-left: 0px</string>

<key>CalendarIconDateStyle</key>
    <string> color: #FFFF66; text-shadow: transparent 0px 0px 0px; font-size: 32px; font-weight: bold; font-family: Courier New; margin-top: -4px; margin-left: 0px</string>

The CalendarIconDateStyle is the numbered day like "4" or "30". You can move it with the "padding: 0 2px 0 0" line. The movement is by pixel. For example, if you wanted to move it 2 pixels to the left from the default location, you would type: padding: 0 2px 0 0. The key is DLUR. The line there symbolizes" padding: pixels down pixels left pixels up pixels right.

The CalendarIconDayStyle is the day, like "Sunday" or "Friday". You can only move it down. For example, if you wanted to move it 2 pixels down, I would type: padding-top: 2px.

copied & pasted this from 2 forum threads.
    going to experiment a bit with this for day & date( margins and paddings)

NOW still looking for the lock clock, but i don't think the answer lies witin the info.plist.

Thank you for helping out!
  4. JusTiNcReDiBLe

JusTiNcReDiBLe Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^ That's awesome! Do you think you can make me a Winterboard theme with just that feature? I'm not too savvy with themes as far as .plist's go. All I really need is to move the clock and date above the lockscreen*. That's my main wish.

The thing is, I'm using an invisible slider right now, so it would be cool to have the clock behind where the slider would be (but centered, of course)**. So, if you have enough time and would be kind enough to help me out, thanks in advance.

---

*first priority
    *second priority / optional (obviously...

)
  5. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hate to burst your bubble but those plist keys are for the calendar icon on the springboard

ie: the little monday tuesday etc in the header and the 1 2 3 etc in the white

just like it says "CalendarIconDateStyle" is for the date inside the ICON

changing those strings will do absolutely nothing to the lockscreen
  6. jorrecobbaert

jorrecobbaert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks noticed this . they use those to change the calender, weather, clock widgets, .. I' ll try and go that way. Copying clock & calender widgets( won't forget the people who made them) to desktop and learn from those. Then put them on the lockscreen, disable or hide the original ones, and replace,resize them via the keys.
    Its all a bit difficult when you try to figure things out, one says this another that...confusing.
    Now busy with the clock , made dg0, dg1,..png's (easy part) in private folder.
    Trying to grasp exactly which other files to use; adapted an LockBackground.html file. will attach this, perhaps somebody can take a look at it? (still LEARNING!!).
    Then, .js files( configureMe,Wallpaper)?
    Help and advise much appreciated!

Attached Files:

7. Jocke0160

Jocke0160 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    anyone found an answer for this?