Change Mail tone.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rubosthebestos, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Rubosthebestos

Rubosthebestos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,

I just donwloaded a funny ringtone, the one from the movie Eurotrip. Mail Motherf*cker. Verry funny. But how can I get it into my ipod touch? So when i receive a mail, it plays the ringtone. I can SSH and it is a Wave. file
    Thanks in advance,

Rubosthebestos
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

1G or 2G. if its a 1G, forget it.

for a 2G, SSH into Root > System > Library > Audio > UISounds. make sure you have a .caf audio. anything else wont work. to get an audio in .caf format, upload it to www.customizeapp.com and download it from them (this time, it would be in .caf format)

now, COPY new-mail.caf to your desktop and put it in a safe folder. now, the audio you have uploaded, rename it to new-mail.caf, and SSH it to the UISounds folder. then reboot.

If you want to get the new-mail original audio, just switch both audio files via SSH and reboot.

This can work on iPhone and you can change the sms tones. just remember to have the EXACT names and file type .caf.

if you cant seem to get the .caf audio, pm me a link for the audio you want and ill change it to .caf for you.
  3. Rubosthebestos

Rubosthebestos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,

Thanks for all the information, but I'm on a 1g ipod touch.
    So there is just nothing I could do to change the ringtone. But the tone could be played throug my headphones, right? Or it just can not be done?
    Thanks,

Rubosthebestos
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hello,
    you might want to check this out:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1083513#post1083513