Change ipod touch for ipod touch 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by carri07, Sep 11, 2008.

1. carri07

carri07 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hello.. i bought an ipod touch (1G) 20 days ago and i feel the extreme urgence of having he new one. My ipod is still on warranty i am thinking of changing it for the 2G ipod touch. I was thinking about because i dont have even a month with it and i think i am able to return it.. does anyone know if i can still return it and buy the new ipod touch 2G and save myself $100??
  2. sfazngiants

sfazngiants Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i dont think you can do that, for returns opened or un opened there are 14 days to return it. you would need to sell yours and get another one. i am looking at the back of the reciept
  3. ELLDAWG

ELLDAWG Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    nothing wrong with trying....
  4. carri07

carri07 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yeah cuz it pisses me off that they never announced they were gonna sell a 2nd generation. I would have waited just to get the new ipod touch and to think that now its 100$ cheaper.
  5. I feel that same strong urge cus the new one has buiylt in speakers!!!!!!
  6. carri07

carri07 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yea that was one of the main reason why i was not happy at all with the ipod touch at first.. but i bought it anyways. But i never knew they were gonna do a new one anytime soon with that built in.
  7. JustinCarpenter

JustinCarpenter New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You guys are out of luck. It is like getting a new computer and having them upgrade the HDD with double the capacity. It's business. They aren't gonna tell you when a new one is coming out because then you will wait to buy one.

You may not be happy with themm but they are awful smart.
  8. fercho99

fercho99 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you better run and get the new one before is too late
  9. carri07

carri07 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well i just talked with apple and told them my situation and said i should be able to give it back and say i want the 2G if it was b4 30 days; and luckily for me, that time period ends tomorrow. However i dont know what will happen at the apple store if they will let me change it or not. I am just waiting for my dad to come so we can go to the apple store and try to make a point to them
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Just to everyone in here who was wondering, i went to apple and succesfully changed my ipod touch to the 2g one. i hope it goes well for everyone who is doing it
  10. NCtarheels011

NCtarheels011 New Member

To answer the question. Yes!!!

I just called my local apple store, because i did the same thing. and yes you can return it to get the new 2g ipod touch. If it is open there is a 15% restocking fee so you will have to fork out just alittle bit of money, unless you are gonna go with the 8 gb for $229.