Change icon text color

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Psyko, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Psyko

Psyko Member

Hello

I wanna change the color of the icon labels in the springboard on my iPod Touch 2G MC without installing mobile substrate, as I want to keep my ipod fast and snappy, yet while jailbroken. I have all the fun tweaks such as barrel installed on my iPhone 3GS as it has twice the ram.

Anyhow, I would like to make the icon labels in the springboard white without having to install winterboard. Is this possible?
  2. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yes. It will only take a few hours. Go into each apps' info.plist and edit the colour it says under iconlabel or something. I'll get bak to you
  3. Psyko

Psyko Member

Ouch, then it's absolutely not worth it, lol.
    Though I'm thinking, wouldn't it be possible to use winterboard to apply a theme, then remove mobilesubstrate and all that and still leave the theme enabled?
  4. wckdness

wckdness Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    That would be great. I don't have a theme because I feel themes take up too much battery life. A simple text color change would't hurt.
  5. Psyko

Psyko Member

For me, battery is no problem. My iPod used to last like 5-6 days during normal usage, with themes and all kinds of sh*t installed.
    I'm just worried about lag. My iPod was really slow, (compared to my 3GS with twice the ram)
    That's why I decided to restore it out of nowhere yesterday.

It's hella lot more snappier now, and I intend to keep it that way. Mobilesubstrate does kill your battery (a little bit) faster and it does slow your device down a lot.
    Mine currently boots in no time, and it opens shiz instantly.
  6. wckdness

wckdness Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Exactly, What is MobileSubstrate? Anything referring to Cydia?
  7. Psyko

Psyko Member

I am honestly not a hundred percent on WHAT it does, but I know it runs in the background and that it slows your device down. (newer gen devices, not so much)
  8. Sony

Sony Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    MobileSubstrates is what makes jailbreaking worth while, its like winterboard, lockinfo, sbsettings, ect.

also try this, just open it and change the 'blue' to whatever color you want, it will change all the icon text colors.

http://www.[PIRACY.mf].com/?7br6jssfld652lm