Change boot logo without logome?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by calebgamb, Aug 19, 2009.

1. calebgamb

calebgamb New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well i was gonna get logome but i read a warning on the forums that it will brick my itouch if i use it..I can rejailbreak, but losing all my crap is annoying. I can do it, but any other way is better. I got a ipod touch 2g firmware 3.0 and jailbroken with redsn0w 0.8(the latest). Thanks
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Not yet, the process for changing it has not been updated yet. Just wait a bit.
  3. calebgamb

calebgamb New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What if i quickpwn it?
  4. palyons

palyons New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Oh it's definitely possible to do. Using the redsn0w ramdisk grabber, which only works with redsn0w.exe's up until 0.7.0. 0.7.1 - 0.8.0 and up are not supported. In order for it to work, you have to grab the .cache file from your Temp directory on your Operating System. Anyway bottomline, I attempted to create a NOR-only restore using a 3.0 IPSW. But unfortunately a patched ramdisk is required for it to work. However, when I attempted the restore, it got far enough where I could see my custom logo I created. But was not flashed onto the NOR though.

Edit: So what we know now, DeviceTree.n72ap.img3 is properly patched for custom logo's. Just no way to make use of it for the time-being.
  5. Puaar94

Puaar94 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    you still have to restore it !
  6. palyons

palyons New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Yes, your point?

The topic is after all, Change boot logo without logome. So that implies restoring, as there's no other way at this time.