Change Background to your themes on the fly

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by eco21, Oct 14, 2007.

1. eco21

eco21 New Member

Hi,

I like lots of theme icons but I like to change my backgrounds alot - I wanted to have the same theme but have different backgrounds as I like the icons but want to change the background alot,

I though of a way to do this on the fly, you install SummerBoard and on this you have a few themes that are already installed.

For this scenario I like the icons in the 'Neurox Leopard' theme.

I convert my backgounds using this software http://www.download3000.com/download-Imagicon-count-reg-9302.html

I install it and then go to 'Image Transform' and put dimensions at '320 x 480'

I then go to 'Save Mode' and make it 'PNG'

This means all I have to do to convert a file to fit perfectly on my iPod Touch is drag it into this application on my computer

Ok, I now make convert ten pictures and call them 'Wallpaper1, Wallpaper 2, Wallpaper3.... Wallpaper10'

I SFTP into my iPod via my computer and open the themes folder - You will find this at (/private/var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/)

I transfer all ten backgrounds into my Neurox Leopard folder

Now to install a different background to the theme, I open Finder which can be installed with INSTALLER - navigate to the themes folder directory (/private/var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/Neaurox Leopard) I then change the filename of the ORIGINAL Wallpaper to Wallpaper11 and change the background that I want (say Wallpaper6.png to WallPaper.png)

I then restart the iPod and will have the Wallpaper of choice as my background

I know it seems quite a lot of work but once they are on the iPod it is very easy and can totally change a theme without having to duplicate lots of themes

With all the Wallpapers that you have copied across you will need to change permissions to -755

Hope people understand it - good luck
  2. Emanjl

Emanjl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Or just import using iTunes and open up Photos and use a different wallpaper?
  3. eco21

eco21 New Member

stupid me.... lol
  4. Emanjl

Emanjl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Lol, nono, you have quite a good method there as well. Of course, I don't switch my wallpaper so ..