Chances of iPhone 3g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DemonDuck, Mar 12, 2008.

1. DemonDuck

DemonDuck New Member

What are the chances of Apple bringing an iPhone on 3G to the UK? They keep saying 3g is too battery consuming, but... EDGE is crap... 3G has been around for ages in the UK, and is much better than EDGE... asking us to take a step back to EDGE is just... stupid? unless they want us to buy the iPhone now, then get us to buy another one when they bring out 3G... in which case... it's genious.

What are the chances of it coming in '08?
  2. JustinCarpenter

JustinCarpenter New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Doubtful for this year. The current iPhone has been extremely successful.
  3. Shade

Shade New Member

take a coin flip it in the air... if it lands head then yes tails = no
  4. thesmidge

thesmidge New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    3g is rumored to come on the release date of the SDK (late June.) It will probably be for iPhone's first year anniversary. It is almost inevitable
  5. blaser

blaser New Member

Not successful here in the UK though. Contracts start at £35($70)/month + £200($400) for the iphone. Total rip off
  6. JustinCarpenter

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    LOL, that is pretty much the same price. The iPhone here is $400 for the 8 GB and plans start at $60, so I'm sure it is successful there too.
  7. DemonDuck

DemonDuck New Member

it isn't actually that successful... in my oppinion, because of 3G. 3G has been around, like I say, for a while now in the UK. In fact, most techy people have a 3G phone, and to ask them to downgrade to EDGE is a big deal at that price... I understand 3G is not so widely available in the US... which is probably why it has been successful there compared to the UK
  8. JustinCarpenter

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If you read the post in the other thread you made, I wrote a long thing about how EDGE isnt that bad.
  9. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

Edge may not be that bad in the States with you, but in the UK it is pretty much redundant and very slow. 3g in the UK is the standard mobile internet, where I think with you Edge is it's equivalent. Apple will have to launch a 3g iPhone in the UK this year or loose serious market share to the hordes of other mobile manufacturers that are bringing out touch screen models with much higher specifications.
  10. JustinCarpenter

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    3G is very popular here. I haven't had a phone with low speed internet for a while.