Challenging problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 1117248, Sep 8, 2009.

1. 1117248

1117248 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello, I don't really understand forums and this is my first time using one. I apologise if this is in the wrong section but I would really appreciate anybody's assistance.

I am trying to jailbreak my ipod touch. I have no idea what 2G means or what alot of it means. I have downloaded the 3.0 software through iTunes for my iPod Touch and attempted to follow several guides. I am using the application redsn0w .8 and when I need to browse and choose iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore redsn0w indicates that it is unable to recognise the specified IPSW.

I have searched for this error using google and I have tried all of the suggestions that I could understand however I still recieve the same error at this stage. I am really frustrated as it took me 8 hours to download the 3.0 update because it kept timing out. If somebody could please walk me through what I am doing wrong step-by-step or how to correct this I would really appreciate it.

Thankyou very much.
  2. webmastir

webmastir Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    oops. mod del my post
  3. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  4. cmjdjm1

cmjdjm1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you have a 1g, the firmware you need is called iPod1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore. That sounds like its your problem.
  5. 1117248

1117248 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have got a 2G iPod Touch.
    I have tried using redsn0w using the firmware downloaded through iTunes and it was unable to recognise it. With advice from another forum there existed the possibility of my firmware being corrupted. Hence I found and downloaded the firmware from [REMOVED]. I have given the .zip file the new extension of .ipsw and when I tried to use redsn0w I recieved the same problem.

I then thought I may need to restore the iPod Touch with the newly downloaded firmware. When completing the restore my iPod Touch goes into recovery mode and is unable to complete. I then have to restore my iPod Touch with the version downloaded through iTunes.

Hmmm, please help me.
  6. amaan

amaan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i guess that will be illegal, but if not......i can help u only if a mod agrees to us helping u with this cos that link may contain pirated content
  7. kmrua65

kmrua65 New Member