Certain apps not showing up, help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Zervic119, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Zervic119

Zervic119 New Member

As the title would say, certain apps are not showing up for me. I had used the Categories app from Cydia to create a category in which I kept all of my games in. (This was the only category I had created.) I'll spare you the details here, and just say that I ended up having to restore my iPod this afternoon. When I went to put my apps back on, none of the ones that were in my Games folder/category are able to be found anywhere on my Springboard. Restarting several times, or removing them/re-syncing them from my laptop seem to work. Whether they're from Cydia or the App Store doesn't make any difference. The only thing that I've been able to do, to see at lease on that is, is to remove it from my iPod, then re-install it view the App Store app. The problem is, it disappears again if I re-sync with iTunes.

So, yeah, I'm quite puzzled here. I'm not the best with this kind of stuff, and am rather new, so any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks
  2. wammybar6

wammybar6 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This happened to me, you must empty your folders when you do this and when there's an upgrade for Categories.
  3. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you restore a backup after you re-jailbreak, the apps are still hidden. You can install Poof, BossPrefs, or SBSettings to unhide the apps.