CD cover art.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LifeSux, Sep 12, 2009.

1. LifeSux

LifeSux New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have an iPod Touch 1g (8gb) and for some reason I cannot get the CD cover art to display. I used a reliable source for the cover (i.e. Amazon.com), but it still won't display. I've only tried one album, but you would think it would still work. I remember my iPod Touch 2g worked [almost] flawlessly. I read that this is either a bug or something else, and tried whatever methods were suggested (to fix it). With no luck with that, idk what else to do. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Note: I was using an image 500x500, the same as I used with my 2g.

Edit: I did something and can now see the cover in coverflow, but not on each individual song. I just added a 2nd album and the cover art is there for each individual song and coverflow. This makes no sense. Lol.
  2. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's because you need to select all the songs (Ctrl+A for instance) in iTunes, "Get Info" and drag and drop the cover to the "Artwork" section.

Also note that this will embed it into the actual audio files and change the filesize by how much the cover takes up. So let's say the cover takes up 150 KB and let's say there are 10 tracks for the album. 150x10 is roughly 1.5 MB.
  3. LifeSux

LifeSux New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thank you, but I already know this, and I've done it, but it is still acting up.
  4. elliphino

elliphino New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i use a program called iArt its awesome it puts all album art on and puts all the lyrics of the songs on its pretty cool
  5. Aseel_Bahaziq

Aseel_Bahaziq New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I Had That Same Problem Too ..
    What I Actually Did Is What You Mentioned Of Adding The Album Again ..
    But You Will Lose The "Play Count" & "Skip Count" ..
    Anyhow,, I Couldn't Stand The Black Square ..

Please Register or Log in to view images