Cautious IPod Touch Owner

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by KhOAsGOTRiCe, Oct 14, 2007.

1. KhOAsGOTRiCe

KhOAsGOTRiCe New Member

i really want to jailbreak my ipod, but i want to make sure that its safe before i do it. If i do it, will my 2 year warranty end? After i do it and use the apps and stuff and dont like it at all (which i doubt will happen) can i do a restore and go back to what it was before i jail broke it?

o and my PC just crashed, and i do not want to sync it to my laptop because i have no songs or movies on it. can i jailbreak it using my laptop? or do i have to sync it first?
  2. nicksaballa

nicksaballa New Member

i would really appreciate some insight into this from somebody knoledgeable as well, im brand new to this sight but am really excited to jailbreak my ipod touch. Since i just came to this sight im searching for an answer now, but id really like to know if its reversable.
  3. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Yes, it is reversable, you simply restore your iPod and it goes back to the way it came.
  4. nicksaballa

nicksaballa New Member

do you think apple will release an update like they did with the iphone which renders the ipod useless if it detects there was once jailbreaking going on, is jailbroken.
  5. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

They may, you never know what apple is going to do. If they do release an update that bricks iPods just don't update your iPod.
  6. kyledylanconner

kyledylanconner New Member

Not always

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

If you want that update, for some good reasons, which I always like to update my stuff, restore it, then update. Hopefully wait for the hacking team to make a new jailbreak method with the new firmware, which should be faster, since they already have a backbone to the jailbreaking experience right now. ^^.

Saving money for my iPod Touch ($100/ $400 from yard work alone!) That should go in my signature...
  8. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    That may not be the case. They got lucky with the TIFF buffer-overflow exploit. If Apple patches the Safari security hole the hackers will be back to square one.

Please Register or Log in to view images