Caterpillar

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by eyecandy0420, Feb 24, 2008.

1. eyecandy0420

eyecandy0420 New Member

I ran across an app called Caterpillar http://ripdev.com/caterpillar/ it looks pretty neat. I was wondering if there was any way that some of its parts such as font, facelift and calendar could work on the touch?? Would be a cool feature to have added to the touch.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ipod touch fan

ipod touch fan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    the down thing of this program is that you have to pay. I wish someone could change or disable this.
  3. possiblegurly

possiblegurly New Member

its wrong for them to make us pay
  4. eyecandy0420

eyecandy0420 New Member

it wouldn't be a prob on my end to pay but i didn't want to pay for sum that would not work on the touch ya know.
  5. ipod touch fan

ipod touch fan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i thought that the hackers community doen't benificiate from each other. they share like (in this case becasue of my religion) cristians. Not exploit each other. If someone want to donate, well that out of case. Do you imaging. Dev team making us pay for using there jailbreak. or zibri for ziphone.
  6. Willberto

Willberto New Member

$45 for, say, maybe one or two "tweaks" that you want? Really? f*** them, someone crack it or make their own.
  7. itouchcharlie

itouchcharlie New Member

Well, if they want to charge that's their right. And I don't think we should promote cracking it. These apps look good and I hope someone else makes a calendar and upcoming schedule that shows up on the locked screen for instance...Please!
    Saying that - the price is too expensive for my tastes, and the subscription model odd. The man behind this company (slava something), who is responsible for another company, does NOT have a good reputation either, so caveat emptor.
  8. Willberto

Willberto New Member

First point, I never suggested otherwise. Second point, why not? Either someone else making it or it getting cracked is the only way anyone other than the highly educated Tom Cruse is ever gonna use it.
  9. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The first idea that popped into my head when I saw this application was cracking it.
    It should be cracked, it looks like it stole from everyone who was involved in porting BSD utilities and probably Summerboard too..
  10. Virtualball

Virtualball Well-Known Member

/me rolls eyes

If a developer spends hours doing something, they have every right to charge for it. Anyone who disagrees should pull their head out of their ass and jump off their pedestal. I've said 590390 times before, but you aren't entitled to sh*t, especially when it's an application. Try developing four applications of some sort and then release it. You might want some compensation for your time, is that horrible? No. You do NOT need to buy it, so you should just move along. Even if the developers used the toolchain, that means nothing. The dev team never specified that, if used, applications should be free.