categories

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by restrung, Mar 12, 2009.

1. restrung

restrung New Member

alright on the categories app is there a way to keep the icon edges rounded instead of them being squared? i have ocd when it comes to this stuff and some of them are rounded and some are not... if anybody could help me that would be awesome.
  2. DNJ45

DNJ45 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've been wondering about this too. I don't think there is a way to make them all rounded by default.

But, if you have a theme that has a lot of icons, then you can apply it to the folder icons too. Just open the folder, touch the "i" on the bottom right, and change the "Icons Theme" to the theme of your choice.
  3. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wait.. Whats going square?
  4. chris_de

chris_de New Member

most icons are squares when you categorize them and open the folder..

.. but you can choose a theme for your folders when you click on the little i in the right corner.. you can edit those themes or create your own themes via ssh..
  5. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    All of my apps, that were origionally rounded, are still rounded in catagories..?
  6. JusTiNcReDiBLe

JusTiNcReDiBLe Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's not happening for most of us. Only Cydia apps and a small amount of App Store apps are being rounded/"glossed". Most of the App Store apps are square-shaped and non-glossy.

Does anyone have a theme they would like to share with us that has rounded versions of the apps? Or is there anyone willing to help me out and make the icons for my apps and make it into a theme for me? Please? *Bambi eyes*
  7. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Most appstore app icons are square. Springboard puts an overlay on the icons in the appstore when you are veiwing apps in there and on the springboard. Kind of stupid, but I guess its apples way of making sure everything has that same look. The developer of categories would have to find a way to include that overlay into a category or have it add its own overlay to the icons.

Ether way I think categories needs needs some TLC. Its stayed the same since it was originally released. Most updates have only been bug fixes.

I like the derection stacks is going though.