Categories - round icons

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by lszanto, Feb 5, 2009.

1. lszanto

lszanto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I got categories installed but all my apps have awful square icons, is there a way to fix this?
  2. Evostance

Evostance Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Some have rounded edges and some don't. Got a feeling its something to do with specific alpha layers on the icon images
  3. Retro349

Retro349 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I believe springboard handles the gloss and cropping on non-native apps. Some apps the developers don't want to have gloss so they can use their own edging, I.E. Hottrix. Because jailbroken apps trick springboard into thinking that they are native, jailbroken developers have to apply that themselves. Because Categories is not springboard, it doesn't apply gloss to non-native apps.
  4. lszanto

lszanto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thats what I assumed but I have seen some screenshots of categories and the screenshot shows a category with no square or sharp icons, all round. So I wasn't sure if the is some sort of fix to make them all round.
  5. Retro349

Retro349 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Alot of people use categories for only jailbroken apps, to keep them separated from the appstore ones.

If you're sure the ones in the screenshot are appstore apps, then maybe there is a winterboard theme that applies that, or they modded the apps themselves.