Categories Respringing Crashes

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by HedgyHoggy, May 26, 2010.

1. HedgyHoggy

HedgyHoggy New Member

Usually I respring my iPhone using SBsettings. However, when I'm working with the Categories app and editing stuff around, Categories resprings your iPhone for you when you quit / press the home button.

I'm guessing it does this as a convenience for you to apply the changes you made in the application after you're done.

However, lately when Categories resprings for me, my iPhone has been getting frozen, sometimes even getting stuck and turning off. And I'm real afraid it might one day crash my iPhone some how.

So generally, I've never encountered problems respringing with SBsettings, and overall I feel safer using it instead.

My Question is : After I've finished making changes in the Categories app, instead of pressing the home button to quit and automatically respringing my iPhone, can I use SBsettings to respring and still have my changes applied?

...Sorry if this seems a little complicated the way I worded things >_<

(I didn't want to try it out first since I'm very paranoid about these things)
  2. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, when you make a change to your Categories app or Categories folders, you can use SBsettings to respring your iDevice, and the changes you made will be applied. Also, I don't know if this is possible to do with the Categories app, it is possible with Winterboard, but in the settings section of the app, it might be possible to turn off the automatic respringing. This way, you can respring whenever you want to. But you must do it in order for the changes to be applied. Well, I hope this helps!
  3. HedgyHoggy

HedgyHoggy New Member

Thank you so much! Just the kind of reassurance I needed. =)