Categories promblem when upgrading to 3.0 : read this first if you have categories

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by therealriley, Aug 20, 2009.

1. therealriley

therealriley New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    First off I hope this isn't in the wrong section. I thought this was best suited.

If you have categories (folders) installed with apps in them and you are upgrading to 3.0 make sure you remove the apps from the folders before restoring. After 3.0 upgrade every app I have that was in the folders are still hidden and you have to manually turn them back on. Not a big deal but a pain in the a** after a few apps!

Thought I'd share this with you save the headaches
  2. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That's only if you restore from a backup.
  3. ben

ben Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You could have just enabled restrictions, rebooted, and then disabled restrictions. Works pretty well...
  4. therealriley

therealriley New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ahh I see I wish I knew that now lol. my pod crashed and wouldn't get past the boot screen. So I upgraded to 3.0 from 2.2.1 them jb and then it crashed again whilst setting up cydia so I restored 3.0 and then jb again because cydia wasn't there. Absolute pain.... Some one should make a you tube video on upgrading when things go wrong lol I encountered every niggly problem possible, which although I easily overcame I got no sleep for one night lol

Cheers for letting me know guys