Categories problem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by adtither, Jan 16, 2008.

1. adtither

adtither New Member

When i add an app to one of the categories i have created i get the following message:

"Error updating display plist file. To prevent the phone from rebooting the plsit update for this entry has been aborted. You will need to manually update the display order with customize."

Please someone help because b4 i had a nice clean springboard and now its a complete mess!!
  2. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

Oh damn! Never heard of anything like this! That's terrible...

Hmmm, I don't know what you should do... I think with the latest version of Categories, you are able to just uninstall it, and the app icons will go back on the desktop... (I say I think so because I remember seeing this in the latest update information... But when I did it, way back about a month ago, I lost all my icons... THAT sucked. I had to completely start over.)

Either way, best of luck with it all, and sorry to hear about that. Not everything always goes according to plan, unfortunately!
  3. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Try going into Categories> Then click Configuration at the bottom and turning off "Allow Hide Icons".
  4. comocho

comocho Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I"m having the same problem. the "allow hide icons" didn't work for me. not only that but ever since I added Aswitcher AE. the categories wouldn't work at all. I uninstalled them both. installed categories again, and now thet apps that are in the categories (Ie games) are still on springboard. with no way of hiding them (Customize no longer works. there's something overriding the function.) any help would be greatly appreciated. what program is controlling what???
  5. MJeto7

MJeto7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Same

Yeah, that's happened to me 2 times. I just decided to restore it both times which was a huge pain in my ass! well this time it happened again!!(3rd time) I just decided to uninstall some worthless crap, and it worked!!!!! I unistalled Oktoprep since i decided that i wasn't going to update it. another thing that majorly slows down your ipod is Pedomoter! I got it and whenever i scrolled down it seemed very laggish. well good luck. just try to uninstall some stuff and see what happens!
  6. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Categories is Crap, I had to restart as well. Don't use it anymore Uninstall it, or you'll end up restoring like the rest of us.