Categories on 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by stevesanterre, Aug 7, 2008.

1. stevesanterre

stevesanterre New Member

Yes, this app is one almost everyone is asking for but i still dont see how this will work with appstore apps (.ipa). Maybe its just me but i think it might only work with .app files.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    app store apps are .app files.

open up the .ipa, and inside is a payload folder, inside that is the .app.
  3. stevesanterre

stevesanterre New Member

i know what you mean but what i am saying is, i am wondering if it is possible to place the appstore apps that are on the springboard into categories
  4. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    All categories does is set the identifiers in the folder and the folder reads from the plist will all the identifiers, then lists them, it also removes the identifier from the Springboard plist so it doesn't show up on the springboard...

So in laymans terms, it will work...
  5. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Why not? I can't imagine Apple will let this go on now with the appstore. They realize people will be downloading apps and fill up screen after screen, I'm thinking Apple might just build in a category-type utility into the firmware so you can organize your screens better. It would be stupid not to.
  6. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    All app store apps are placed in a certain folder on your iPod. They can be sorted, but the iPod won't do it itself.

All jailbroken applications are placed in the folder with the original applications that came with your iPod Touch. These can be sorted too.

currently, All applications have to be sorted manually. It'd be nice to have an applications sort them for you, but it is possible.