Categories Making Copies And Dumping Apps!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PatentPending, Jul 14, 2009.

1. PatentPending

PatentPending New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    WTH is goin on with my Categories app? I have folders for my Games, App, Utilities, etc. for my iNitsua theme. But now I see that all the apps and games have been dumped onto my SpringBoard! And the really odd part is that they're copies! They work just like the normal icons and the original app still exists inside the folder! So now I have 2 copies of all the apps, well as much as could fit into SpringBoard. That's not the rest of it...

When I go to Categories to check, the apps/games on the SpringBoard don't exist, but the ones inside the folders do.I tried to fix this problem by removing all the app's and game's original icon from the folders and add them again to their appropriate folder. Well, it fixed that - the apps have gone back into the folder and are no longer on SpringBoard. But Categories dumped a whole bunch of new games and apps, filling up my SpringBoard with more duplicates.

Now WHAT do I do? I have too many apps and games to release them all from their folders - the SpringBoard can't hold that much! Help?? And thanks in advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you have SBSettings, press More.

Click Hide Icons.
    Hide all the apps that are inside your categories.

-------------------------

If you dont have SBSettings:
    Download Poof from Cydia.
    Go Into It.
    Hide all the apps that are in categories.

* This sometimes happens, theyre just copies.

What categories does is that when you put an app in a category, it hides it from the springboard. Poof will simulate this and allow you to do it.

* Sometimes the apps just come back. You might have installed an app or something.
  3. PatentPending

PatentPending New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Aaaaah, that just may be it Guru. I just downloaded the newest version of SBSettings so all the 'Poofed' apps may have been 'Un-Poofed'. I think you're probably right and I'll go check it out right now. Thanks Guru
  4. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No problem... thanks for my case help too.