Categories for webpages? Possible?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by febern, Feb 4, 2008.

1. febern

febern New Member

Hello!

I often use Categories for my apps, it is a good app if you don't want mess up your springboard. Well, as you all know on 1.1.3 we can put our webpages as icon onto springboard. Unfortunately, it seems categories can not work with pages only just with apps. So can someone suggest me a similar program, which can help collect my webpages in 1/2 category/(ies) like categories with apps?

Thanx in advanced!

(Sorry for my English)
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

3. febern

febern New Member

4. pluto198

pluto198 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you don't want webpages "messing up your Springboard," then why not keep them in Safari's bookmarks? And organize them with Bookmark folders?
  5. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Nope the catagories app reads for applications not widgets. The catagories app looks for applications in the /Application folder not the /private/var/mobile/Library/Web Clips folder. And the files are not .app and catagories looks for .app folders.

With that said ti's not possible with the current release
  6. spoonforknife

Jon's iPhone apper saves them as apps and you put them in the app folder so that should work!
  7. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i'm refering to safari's bookmarking scheme

the apper will work for organization however don't waste your time doing that your limited to 83 .app folders in your Application folder so don't waste them with the apper use the safari bookmarking scheme.
  8. spoonforknife

Could you move your apps to the media partition and get Categories to read from there without the limit? Or can you not do that anymore?

And how many apps do you have now?

Just make a springboard page for them if you can't get it. It's not that hard.
  9. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Doesn't matter if you move your apps it's not about space it's the amout of applications tha the system now limits. It limits users to 83 applications it can be 83 blank apps with 1 kb size each and it will still limit the user. It's how 1.1.3 is limited now even though you moved your application folder to your media portion. But u got a great point take care,

Jon

Out of curosity are you running version 1.1.3 or an earlier version.