Categories For iPod Touch 2.2.1 2g????

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iHackiPodz, Mar 22, 2009.

1. iHackiPodz

iHackiPodz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    hey all. i recently untethered jailbroke my 2g ipod touch 16gb. i had shed loads to many apps, so decided to download "categories". (available from cydia.) I have five icon dock, so i split my apps into 5 categories, changed my springboard wallpaper, and dragged my categories to the dock. it looked <great>. However, after i moved the categories to the dock, my springboard restarted, and heavens above, it entered safe mode!!!! i restarted my springboard once more, and a permanent swilry loady thingy came up. YES i've tried restarting, but it freezes the boot logo! so right now i'm restoring to some new custom 2.2.1 FW, and my only advice would be to not get "categories" on a 2.2.1 ipod touch 2g!!!!!!

iHackiPodz

<THE DAY YOU ARE BORN IS THE DAY YOU BEGIN TO DIE>
  2. chavanak

chavanak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)

Just because you did something wrong doesn't mean categories does not work. I have nearly 165 apps on my ipod/iphone and they are categorized into three folders. It works like a charm for me!!! Try to do it right and it will give you no problems
  3. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The only bad thing i find is Updating apps. You gotta take them out? to update.
  4. chavanak

chavanak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well for me it works without taking them out. Just update using itunes and respring!!!