Categories - Folders Not On Spingboard

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Kamikazemelon, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Kamikazemelon

Kamikazemelon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey everybody, first time poster here so I apologize ahead of time for any mistake I've undoubtedly made, or will make.

I just recently decided to install the Categories app from Cydia, which I've used in the past on an iPod Touch (1G, 32GB) I've previously owned. However, after creating a folder and restarting the Springboard, the folder, along with the apps supposedly within the folder, were not present anywhere on the Springboard. I searched the option to hide/unhide apps in SBSettings, and assured that the newly created folder was not set to hidden. I've reinstalled the app, rebooted my iPod, and furiously uttered a lengthy string of curse words, but to no avail. I've also searched these forums, and the general internets extensively, but no dice.

I am currently using a 2G, 32G iPod Touch, with 2.2.1 firmware. If anyone can help me, please and thank you

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. nitsua93

nitsua93 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    First off, you should update to 3.2.1, I'm not sure if categories still supports 2.2.1 Secondly make sure the mobile substrate add-on is enabled.
    You might also try disabling other mobile substrate add-ons.
  3. Kamikazemelon

Kamikazemelon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks, the update did the trick. I should've known it would be the thing to fix it, I've just been too lazy to go through updating it and such. At least now I know better

Thanks again!