Categories - Duplicate Icon

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by PieOPah, Jun 5, 2009.

1. PieOPah

PieOPah Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I currently have a duplicate icon for an application. On the springboard, I am only able to view one occurrence of the icon however, if I use Categories, the icon is there twice - even in the same folder!

I have tried uninstalling the application however, this only removes one occurrence (which is never visible on the springboard) but if I try to launch the app from Categories, it just dumps me back to SB (understandable!)

Is there any way that I can get rid of this duplicate as it is rather annoying (I like to keep everything in order!)

Many thanks,

EDIT: I have rebooted my iPhone and the duplicate has disappeared. Mod, please lock. Thank you
  2. Reibu

Reibu New Member

I have the same problem and rebooting doesn't work out for me. I have a total of four duplicates of the Equilibrio game app and uninstalling it doesn't make them go all away. They are visible when accessing the ''Tap to add'' in Categories but not visible on the Springboard.

Can anyone help?
  3. PieOPah

PieOPah Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It is possible that the app has been installed a couple of times. Would be worth checking to see if you can manually delete through SSH.

Also, how many versions can you see in Poof? If you can see all of them, try removing from categories and then ensuring none are hidden.
  4. Reibu

Reibu New Member

They're not in any of the categories but when I try to add them to one, they're visible in that folder. How do I manually delete through SSH? (sorry for being a noob). And none off them are set to hidden in Poof.

I see one Rolando 2 game app that I have already uninstalled but still there and three Equilibrio game app.