Categories Crashing

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ihacktouchz, May 21, 2009.

1. ihacktouchz

ihacktouchz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Well i decided to download categories and somewhat organize my springboard. I put most of all the apps i had in the folders except the ones i use most but now whenever i open categories and click on the folder i made the app just crashes. I rebooted my device and it occured again. I would like to note that i also made a folder for my games and i put them all in there and can open it just fine its only my apps folder that crashes it. Any suggestions?
  2. DaveiPhone

DaveiPhone New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You might have gone over the limit and put too many apps in one folder. If you can SSH/SFTP into your phone you can fix that pretty easily.

First go to your top level Applications folder and locate the Apps.app you created in Categories. (or whatever name you gave it). Look inside that for a file called "list.txt" and download that to your computer. It's the list of all the applications you added to that folder. Edit it with any text editor to be sure it has fewer than 99 apps in it (I'd recommend a LOT fewer), then replace it on the phone. In that same folder is a file called "cache.bin". Delete that. Now both Categories and the Apps.app should work.

The programs you manually deleted from the "list.txt" will need to be added into some other Category folder in order to use them, as they will be invisible until you do that.

If you have a lot of applications, you need to subdivide them into smaller groups.

Hope that helps.
  3. ihacktouchz

ihacktouchz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Thank you so much it's working now.