categories app

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Nathan B, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I have a couple questions about categories
    1. Is it pretty self explanatory on how to use?
    2. How do you add apps to the folders? Do you just drag them to the folder?
    3. Are there any major problems?
    Thanks for any help that you can provide

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1) Yes, you simply create a folder where all the desired apps will be stored.
    2) Inside categories click on the "add" and select the apps that you wish to add into the folder.
    3)Yep, it tends to hang and crash pretty often. Just make sure to hit the respring button before exiting the application.
  3. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  4. Kadoogan

Kadoogan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I note that there has been a recent update to Categories. I believe one of the changes was a fix for a bad memory leak, which I assume is what has been causing the regular locking-up. After updating I have made a few changes and all has been OK. There is now an indicator showing the amount of free memory left, and when that drops too low I restart Springboard to save the changes I have made.

Even so, I have been able to make more changes (going into multiple folders in one session etc) than I ever could under the previous version before it locked up, and invariably corrupted the Springboard file that contains the data for displaying my apps. Based on my use of the latest version so far it seems if you follow this guideline it'll work just fine.