Categories.app question

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by benzin711, Feb 23, 2009.

1. benzin711

benzin711 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    For those out there who use Categories, whenever a new update of an app is released and available to download in iTunes, do you guys have to remove the old app from your category then delete the app manually on your ipod/iphone, then resync your ipod/iphone to itunes so it will install that app? Because I do. When a newer version of an app comes out and when I sync my ipod to itunes because of some unknown error?

Attached Files:

2. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nope, mine work fine. The application icons themselves pop out from Categories but it's fixed with a simple respring.
  3. benzin711

benzin711 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Simple respring? With mine, no matter how many times resprung, restored, reinstalled, it still does it. I'm hoping something needs to be done via ssh to fix it.
  4. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    anytime I change my iPod's firmware I always do a clean DFU restore
  5. Kadoogan

Kadoogan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I find that updating apps via iTunes works just fine. The app icon stays within the Categories folder and I have no need to respring or anything like that.

Updating via the App Store on the device itself seems to put the icon on the Springboard. On the few occasions I have update this way I just go into Categories, delete the particular app from the folder, respring, then add the app to the Categories folder again. Never thought to see if a single respring would sort it out! I will test that method next time!