Categories.app question? Change the icon for a category?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Urbanyouth, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Urbanyouth

Urbanyouth New Member

Is there anyway to change the icon for a category after you've already assigned applications to it? I don't see an option to do this or maybe I'm missing it?
  2. doomedraven

doomedraven New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dont use this app!
    it hid all of my apps and every icon so i restored it...
    and now i need help again jailbreaking...
    lol.
  3. Urbanyouth

Urbanyouth New Member

haha. My categories app works great though! Is this a bad thing. Is it going to break on me soon? Should I uninstall it?
  4. yannybgs

yannybgs New Member

HOLY CRAP, as soon as everything on my springboard dissapeared... i was reading this thread.

I'm the luckiest guy ever though because i have dock so i can still go to installer and uninstall it.
  5. BenjiMan

BenjiMan New Member

all my icons disappeared but all you have to do is edit the "N45AP.plist" file or restore it to an old version and you are set.
    look around, there are instructions for it somewhere, its really very easy
  6. Snafu7

Snafu7 New Member

I'm having the same problem, but for some reason I can't SFTP into my iPod to edit the N45A.plist file. Everytime I try to connect I get a message that says "Server unexpectedly closed connection." I also can't restore it in itunes, whenever I try to do so I get a message saying "The iPod could not be restored, an unknown error occurred (-50). Does anyone know of any way I can fix this or am I completely screwed? Any help is greatly appreciated.
  7. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Nah don't uninstall it it's perfectly fine users do not take the time to read the warning of using the hide all apps function under the configurtaion tab could cause problems. To hide your programs USE CUSTOMIZE! damn don't know how much more clearer other users and the author of this app could be. This app works great if you use it smart you will not at all have to worry about problems.
  8. viper3773

viper3773 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    okay with categories i have a category named games

i sftp into ipod with cuteftp and goto /applications ... U may notice you cant open the games.app folder at the bottom, but if you go into the address bar and goto the location /applications/games.app you can see the list of apps in the category and change the icon.

hope this helps somebody...
  9. nwlt0008

nwlt0008 New Member

I also have a categories question.

When I go to put my stuff in a folder, Videos and pictures and webclips are absent from the list of available apps... Is there any way to fix this?
  10. carsonauto

carsonauto New Member

So I LOVE categories, but I have a question. If I do not use the Hide All Apps function Im 100% fine, right?