categories alternative

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by ryanryan007, May 6, 2009.

1. ryanryan007

ryanryan007 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    hey does ne1 know of an alternative for categories? i like the function but it takes well over 5 seconds to launch..which is quite a long time when ur just staring at that loading screen.
  2. rb26dett

rb26dett New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    im not sure there is one
  3. bananaman22

bananaman22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you could use quickgold, you press home button and you can launch any of your apps via searching.... or, you could use dock. on dock you make folders and press on your dock and the categories appear... both are fast, i think
  4. ryanryan007

ryanryan007 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    for the dock are u referring to that sun dock? thats in teh bottom right corner of the screen?
  5. bananaman22

bananaman22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  6. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Stacks will do the trick too. And now Springjumps (but that really doesn't solve the problem).

Um go into a category, click the little i in the lower right corner, and turn the "keep resident" tab to "on". What this does is it makes the Category function in the background after you've opened it once (like Music and Videos do) so after opening it once, it will instantly appear if you re-open it until you respring (i think it's only if you respring/restart, but it might be a timed thing).