Categories & 5 icon dock problems....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chaoscreater, Apr 9, 2010.

1. chaoscreater

chaoscreater New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I can't get any of this working, NEITHER the 5 docks, 5 columns nor the 5 rows work. None of them do. I tried with icon labels off in Winterboard as well as Supreme Preferences, and it doesn't work. I also tried to set 5 icon docks in Supreme Preferences, that doesn't work either. I read that they might have incompatibility issues, so i tried them one at a time, i.e i did not install all of them at the same time, uninstalling the previous one when installing a new one. But they don't work at all. I restarted my ipod Touch and it still doesn't show any changes....

i'm using 8GB 3rd Gen 3.1.2 jailbroken.

Also, my 2nd problem is Categories. It worked fine but when i tried to rearrange the icons on the springboard, i couldn't move any of the icons. This only happened after i installed Categories. The icons will shake indicating that you can move it, but they just don't move at all, none of them do, it's like they're locked in their position.

edit:

nvm the 5 icon dock does work now with Supreme Preferences, but still the 5 icon rows and columns don't work. Maybe i'll try infinidock....and others have had the same problem as me too, refer to here:

http://[PIRACY].com/threads/26864-springboard-icons-not-moving?p=85442&viewfull=1

also, i uninstalled Categories but the icon not moving problem still exists.

edit 2:

ok it seems i can still move the apps around using iTunes, by going to the Apps tab, i can still move them around fine, so i think there must have been some problems caused by Categories that prevented me from doing this on the iPod itself....
  2. Timmarus

Timmarus Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Off Topic: There is no 3rd Gen 8GB
  3. chaoscreater

chaoscreater New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yes, the MC model is. Please don't get technical, we all know that the late 2009 8GB models are 3rd gen, it has the same hardware as the 2nd Gen models but it can't use untethered jailbreak yet, and it can't install the 3.1.3 jailbreak yet even though the 2G can, that's because it's DIFFERENT, and again is the MC model.

It's just like saying how people care so much when others call iPod Touch the iTouch.