Categories 2.0 Question

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by hankthehampster, Aug 18, 2008.

1. hankthehampster

hankthehampster New Member

Does anyone know if this will be released to the app store or just installer/jailbreak exclusive. Also When is it expected out. I havent jailbroken 2.0 yet and if categories is only on jailbreak then im doin it. I cant live without my categories.
  2. ubunix

ubunix Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes ~ Big Boss almost has it finished for 2.X and it will be realeased to the jailbreak community.
  3. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    apple will not allow a catergories or launcher application into the app store due to there regulations,

i think this is the stupidist thing ever because the springboard is a complete mess and need some way of organizing it
  4. goorioles747

goorioles747 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I for one NEED this application. I loved it in 1.x. It really made my ipod much more useable and clean. I hope this come out soon!!
  5. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Maybe apple will incorporate it in an update one day. Its definitly going to be a complaint from legit users who don't know about jailbreaking when they eventually have enough apps to fill eight pages and say to them selfs my razor had a game thingy when I selected it it had all my games in it. Why doesn't my iphone have that?
  6. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's not thing that apple don't allow launcher apps "due to there regulations", simply it's SDK limitation (it not allow to look what apps are installed) and it's impossible to be made. Only way in SDK to run app by other app is URI (executing URL resources) , that is not very useful for launcher apps.

Jim is right ;] Apple proprbly do there own solution sooner or later
  7. DotSlashSlash

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    yeh i reckon they will have to sort it out some how, the icon layout was good when you 20 apps but its getting ridiculous now, also in future like a year time i think a more than a few people will have more than 100 apps which wont fit on
  8. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

it's impossible on the sdk because the sdk fails

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. DotSlashSlash

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    it might not fail, i think its quite amazing its just that there are to many limitations and silly rules that apple have, (eg. flyingrider had to have to toolbar at the bottom)

anyway, enough with the flaming at apple lol
  10. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It not fails

Please Register or Log in to view images

it still allows to make many things without EULA braking and wider range of customers. There also difference of application and moding, Apple simply not allow moding because it making lot of holes in system.