Catagorize.app screwed my iPod!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by steeped, Dec 29, 2007.

1. steeped

steeped New Member

I thought it would be a good idea to catagorize my iPod so I downloaded the app - course I totally ignored the big message which said "NOT TESTED ON IPOD TOUCH 1.1.2"... and now all my apps on my iPod are gone... all I see is my wallpaper and nothing on it.

I know my IP Address to log into my iPod over SFTP, so I decided to delete the catagorize.app, and course that did nothing. So now I ask you, what am I to, and must a format my iPod?

Too all you children out there, NEVER install an application without knowing it works first!

Edit: Why did I post this is the games section? Mods, could you please move it? Thanks!
  2. sn1p3r

sn1p3r New Member

What i would do first of all is download dock.app (search forums for it) then SSH into your ipod and place the dock app in your applications folder (ensuring to CHMOD the folder and everything under it to 755) restart your iPod and you'll notice a little sunburst in the bottom right corner. Drag it out to scroll through your apps.

While scrolling through your apps, open installer and install the customize app. Once in the customize app choose the option to re order icons. Once in the icon re order menu try choosing to hide all the icons and unhide them again and see if that helps in any way.
  3. bob saggot

bob saggot New Member

try and get the program dock on ur itouch along w/ custumize to get them back...mabey even the finder app
  4. bob saggot

bob saggot New Member

oh wow i didnt read the 2nd post...i pretty much said the same thing ut less detail
  5. tag009

tag009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Uh oh I didn't see a warning about 1.1.2. its working fine now though, so I will probably risk it hiding all my apps since its easy to fix.
  6. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    OK I LOST ALL MY ICONS!! Then I restored my N45AP.plist to an old copy and it was fixed!!!

yes this happened because of the categorize app.
  7. Thrash_648

Thrash_648 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ye... ot happened to me aswell.

i just restored it. it took a while to get ak all my stuff... but.. catergorize sucks
  8. Rdude

Rdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    shouldnt this be in the applications portion of the forum, mods?
  9. paarth1994

paarth1994 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    same thing happened to me....all i did was upgrade it....everything was fine aftrwrds
  10. gamer4eva

gamer4eva Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well categories application works fine for me. I have yet to encounter a problem with it. I would recommend this application to anyone with too many applications in the iPod; I went from five pages to two pages of applications after using categories.

~gamer4eva